What are we looking for?
Writing and Art
- Related to writing
- Women’s relationships to their selves
- Women’s relationships to others, especially vis a vis their creative life and their identity
- Women’s relationships to society and culture
- Women’s relationships to our earth, our universe, natural life, and by contrast, technology
- Lastly, and perhaps of deepest interest are the edges, the overlaps, the places where salt water and river water mix, inter-cultural, inter-national, inter-racial and multi-lingual topics are especially invited.
Submission RequirementsTo submit please do the following:
- Follow us on Twitter at @womenwriters.
- Please read and comment on two of our previous pieces. It trains us to comment on each others work, and helps educate you on what we publish, and the culture of community we’re encouraging.
- Please consider getting a gravatar at gravatar.com, which includes a picture when you leave comments. It helps people remember you and build relationships with you.
- Send in the following:
- Your full name as you would like it published. (It’s hard to change a link after it’s published)
- A 2 line bio and a 1 paragraph bio in sentence format. (Don’t sweat it, if you can. We just need something for people to know about you
- Your submission – prose (less than 1,000 words); poetry (less than 500 words); your own art or photographs at least 800×600 pixils and ideally 300 dpi for a quality look
- Your social media and website links – it’s okay if you don’t have any, but it’s very helpful to provide if you do, we are especially interested in women on Twitter, as that’s our main conversation site
- The site your piece was previously published in print – if so – and otherwise, mention that we can have 1st digital publishing rights for one month
- Links to the two pieces where you made a comment
Submission DeadlinesAs of June 29, 2013, we’re going to open submissions, however do not expect to hear back from us until the month of publication. Publication is quarterly at the end of the months of: August, November, February, and May.
To submit and learn more about our journal, please visit our website.