PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE RULES AND THESE GUIDELINES BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR ENTRY
- Stories can be up to 2,000 words in length on any subject relevant to women except erotica and horror.
- Flash fiction can be up to 250 words in length on any subject relevant to women except erotica and horror.
- Poetry is up to 20 lines in length on any subject relevant to women except erotica and horror
- Entries must include the title and the story. Please do not include any other details in your story file.
- Place your order through the shop and make a note of your order number.
- Save your file with the order number as the file name.
- You will receive a confirmation email containing a link to our online submission form, please use this form to send us your entry.
- Please save your story in one of the following formats only: DOC, DOCX, RTF, TXT. DO NOT submit entries in any other format as these will be disqualified.
- Entries must be unpublished and must not be under consideration in any other competition.
- Entries must the author’s unique work and must not be a translation, or interpretation, of any other author’s work.
- The competition is open to any female author.
- Entries should be submitted in English only.
- Please do not include any personal details in the main body of your entry.
The entry fee for each entry is £5 for short stories and £3 for flash fiction and poetry. You may make multiple submissions but each entry must have a separate payment and use a different order number for the file name.
Please place an order for your entry through the Hysteria UK Online Store. This will create an order number and capture your personal details so we can attach them to your entry.
Save your file with the order number as the file name. Then use our online submission form to submit your entry.
All payments must be made through the Hysterectomy Association website and will be charged in Pounds Sterling.
You may pay by credit/debit card via PayPal.
Entries can be made up to 11.59pm on 31st August. Entries made after this time will not be considered and any monies paid will be refunded.
Confirmation of receipt of both payment and entry will be automatically generated by our internal systems, please keep copies for your records.
We cannot accept any alterations to stories once they have been submitted to the competition.
The winners will be notified by email in October 2017 and announced on the Hysteria website and mailing list in November 2017. No discussion will be entered into and we will not be able to provide feedback on entries.
Publication of the anthology Hysteria 6 will be in December 2017. Copyright of all entries remains with the author, but the author agrees to give the Hysterectomy Association non-exclusive worldwide rights to publish the winning stories in the anthology, on the Hysterectomy Association and Hysteria UK websites and in any related materials for the purposes of marketing and PR of both organisations.
Winning authors will be required to submit one professional photograph and undertake an interview which will be published on the Hysteria UK Website.
Copies of Hysteria 6 can be purchased through the website from December 2017.