Each submission must:
- Be available for exclusive publication in Vol. 24, No. 1 of SIR. Simultaneous submissions are acceptable, but if the entry is published/accepted by another publication while under consideration, the author must promptly notify SIR in writing to withdraw the entry.
- Include an entry fee of $20 ($5 for each additional entry submitted). This non-refundable fee includes a year's subscription to SIR. Make check or money order payable to Southern Indiana Review. Please do not send cash.
- List the author’s name, street address, email address (if applicable), phone number, and title of submission on a cover page. Cover pages do not count towards page limit.
- List only the title(s) of submission on each page thereafter.
- For poetry submissions: Consist of no more than four poems (with an additional limit of ten total pages in 12-point font, no more than one poem per page) per each individual submission.
- For fiction submissions: Be fewer than forty typed pages (12-point font) per each individual submission.
- Be addressed to:
University of Southern Indiana
8600 University Boulevard
Evansville, IN, 47712. ·
- Be postmarked or electronically uploaded by October 3, 2016.
- Include SAS postcard for receipt acknowledgement and/or SASE for contest results. All manuscripts will be recycled. Results will be posted on the SIR web site.
- Current and former students of Jericho Brown and Adam Johnson (excluding conference/short-term workshops) are not eligible for the (corresponding genre) Award.
- Current and former students and employees of the University of Southern Indiana are not eligible for the Award.