The 2015 X.J. Kennedy Parody Award
Final Judge: Tony Barnstone
Deadline: September 1, 2015
1. Submissions must be original, unpublished parodies of famous poems of any length and subject matter.
2. Parodies must be metrical (accentual-syllabic or accentual), though the original poems may be free verse.
3. Author’s name, address, phone number, e-mail address, and name of poem being parodied should be typed on each entry.
4. Final judge for the 2015 contest will be Tony Barnstone. The winning poem and several runners-up will be published in a 2015 issue of Measure.
5. Send up to three poems in one envelope (or in one MS Word file via our electronic submission system). Entry fee: $10 per three poems, checks payable to Measure Press, or you may pay electronically via PayPal. Writers may enter as many times as they’d like, but each group of three poems must be accompanied by a $10 fee.
6. Mailed Entries must be sent to the address below:
Measure Parody Award Department of Creative Writing
1800 Lincoln Avenue
Evansville, IN 47722
and postmarked no later than September 1, 2015. Enclose an SASE if you would like to be notified of the contest results. Entries cannot be returned.