Postmark deadline: June 13, 2011
We are currently seeking experimental nonfiction for our "Pushing the Boundaries" section ("experimental," "boundaries," yes, these can be loaded terms). We want writing that blows our minds with its ingenuity, essays that not only push the boundaries of the genre, but tear down the borders. Be ambitious and send us work like we've never seen before.
As always, there's only on stipulation--the pieces must be true.
Submissions must be postmarked by June 13, 2011, and "Pushing the Boundaries" must be clearly marked on the envelope and cover letter.
Guidelines for Submission:
- Submissions should be typed, double-spaced, 5,000 words maximum (with word count clearly marked).
- Submissions to special issues should be clearly marked.
- Please do not send multiple submissions.
- Please do not send queries. We consider only complete essays.
- Faxed or emailed submissions will not be accepted.
- Please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope for response. We regret that we cannot return manuscripts.
- We will reply to manuscripts sent from outside the United States by email, if an email address is provided.
- We accept simultaneous submissions, but do ask to be kept informed of the status of your manuscript.
- We typically pay $10 per printed page.
- Please send unsolicited material to:
Creative Nonfiction Foundation
5501 Walnut Street, Suite 202
Pittsburgh, PA 15232