Yellow Flag Press publishes one collection of short fiction per year under the banner of The Cypress & Pine Fiction Series. The 2017 selection was Jane Blunschi’s Understand Me, Sugar. We will be reading for next year’s selection from June 1 to August 31, 2017.
Collections of original literary short stories by both established and emerging authors writing in English will be considered. We skew towards collections connected to the US South but love to read compelling fiction set anywhere.
- Collections should be comprised of original literary stories and/or novellas that have not been published as a complete collection (stories published individually in journals or chapbook are fine). We are not publishing novels or genre fiction at this time.
- Manuscripts should be between 100 and 200 pages.
- Please number each page of the manuscript and include a table of contents. Also include a page of acknowledgements if any of the stories have been previously published.
- All submissions must be through Submittable. We do not accept hard copies.
- Include a short biographical statement in the cover letter field in Submittable. Also let us know (if you can) how you found out about the Cypress & Pine Fiction Series.
- Simultaneous submissions are accepted and encouraged. Please notify us immediately if your manuscript is accepted for publication elsewhere or if you wish to withdraw it for any reason.
- Please send only one manuscript a year.
Submit your work here.