We are looking for bold, beautiful, and new interpretations of all the ways we interface with borders and boundaries in our world: travel, immigration, maps, gender, sexuality, love, citizenship, race, the physical body, language, death, the interior vs. the exterior, atmospheric layers, psychological barriers, prisons, fences, rules and relationships, challenging the boundaries among genres, and anything else this theme conjures up.
- Deadline: September 1, 2016
- Please read the guidelines carefully. If you include your personal information on the document, or exceed the limit, your submission will not be considered.
- Submission Fee: $12
- Include a 100 word bio (max) at the bottom of your cover letter.
- Submit up to two pieces, 5,000 words maximum per piece. Please include the word count for each piece on the first page of the piece. You must submit your work in a single document, even if you are sending two separate pieces.
- DO NOT INCLUDE your name or any personal information in the body of your submission.
- Previously published works will not be considered.
- We do accept simultaneous submissions. Please withdraw your submission immediately if your work is accepted elsewhere.
First Place: $750 and Publication in LUMINA, Vol. XVI
Second Place: Publication in LUMINA, Vol. XVI
Third Place: Publication in LUMINA, Vol. 7 Online Literary Journal
Learn more and submit your work online here.