"We at Waccamaw welcome you to submit your stories, poems, and essays for our Fall 2016 Issue! We are interested in regular submissions, and also work that interests itself in the idea of visibility. Ocular or social. Micro or Macro. Your interpretation is what we'd love to see.
Waccamaw is published online twice a year, in the fall and spring, from The Athenaeum Press at Coastal Carolina University. Visit us at our website. We feature contemporary poetry, fiction, and creative nonfiction.
Waccamaw is a member of the Council of Literary Magazines and Presses and is supported by the Department of English and the College of Humanities and Fine Arts at Coastal Carolina University, as well as by a grant from Fred Hicks III. In the tradition of many a fine literary magazine, it is named after a river.
Our contributors have won Best of the Net and other accolades, and we love publishing beginning and emerging authors as much as seasoned writers.
- Waccamaw accepts unsolicited submissions of poems, stories, and essays during two submission periods annually: January 15-February 15 and August 1-31.
- Submissions are accepted only via our online Submission Manager system. We accept files in Word, Rich Text, or Adobe formats (.doc, .docx, .rtf, or .pdf).
- The editors encourage interested authors to read previous issues of Waccamaw before submitting.
- Authors should limit submissions to 3-5 poems, one story, or one essay (prose submissions preferably under 7,500 words). Please make only one submission in a single genre per reading period. Response time is approximately 2-4 months.
- Simultaneous submissions are accepted. Please inform us if submitted work is accepted elsewhere before you receive our response. We do not consider submissions of previously published work in any form (including prior internet publication).