Issue 7 to be published on March 1 is a general issue. We are looking for short stories, essays, poems, plays, photography, video, and music.
Issue 8 (June 2016) is a special PICTURES + WORDS ISSUE. We are looking for all kinds of work that combines pictures and words. We’d love to see graphic stories and essays, and poems; comics; video poems and essays; & collaborations between visual artists and writers. We’d also love to see creative interpretations of “PICTURES + WORDS.”
PLEASE READ THE GENERAL SUBMISSION GUIDELINES BELOW AND SEND ALL QUERIES AND SUBMISSIONS TO:
masqueandspectacleATgmailDOTcom (Change AT to @ and DOT to . )
Masque & Spectacle takes rolling submissions for its quarterly issues.
- We publish all forms of creative writing, including essays, plays, and hybrid formats. Longer works, up to 10,000 words, will be read with delight; however, we’re not ready for your novella, not just yet.
- Please attach written submissions in a single Word doc or docx file.
- Include your last name in the file name and the email subject line.
- Attach JPGs with an edge of at least 2000 px.
- Please include captions with titles, materials, canvas size, names of performers, etc. in email.
- Include your last name in the file name and in the email subject line.
- For initial consideration, please send a YouTube or Vimeo link to your video.
- Please include your last name in the email subject line.
Music & Sound Installation
- Please attach all MP3 files with titles and your last name in the file title.
- Include your last name in the email subject line.