2016 Colorado Prize for Poetry : $2,000 Honorarium & Book Publication
Book-length poetry manuscripts accepted now through the postmark deadline of January 14, 2016.
The final judge is Tyrone Williams. Friends & students (current & former) of the judge are not eligible to compete, nor are Colorado State University employees, students, or alumni.
The winning book-length collection of poems will be published by the Center for Literary Publishing in the fall of 2016.
The $25 entry fee includes a one-year subscription to Colorado Review (print sub to US addresses only; digital sub for non-US addresses).
Manuscripts may consist of poems that have been previously published, but the collection as a whole must be unpublished.
Manuscripts must be at least 48 pages but no longer than 100 pages.
The winner will be announced by May 2016.
The Colorado Prize for Poetry adheres to the Contest Code of Ethics, as adopted by the Council of Literary Magazines and Presses.
To submit by mail:
1. Include two title pages: first with manuscript title, your name, address, phone number, & e-mail address; second with manuscript title only. Your name should not appear anywhere else in the manuscript. Please do not include publication acknowledgments; they will not be forwarded to judges.
2. Do not send originals: manuscripts will not be returned.
3. Please enclose an SASE for contest results & a self-addressed stamped postcard for notification of the manuscript’s safe arrival.
4. Please make checks payable to Colorado Review.
5. Mail manuscripts to Colorado Prize for Poetry, Center for Literary Publishing, 9105 Campus Delivery, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523-9105.
To submit online:
1. Please note that there is an additional $3 charge to submit online. Of this, $1.11 is a credit card fee, and the remaining $1.89 goes to the tireless, good people at Submittable.
2. The manuscript title, your name, address, phone number, and e-mail address should be in your cover letter, separate from your manuscript. Be sure your name is not anywhere in the manuscript itself. Do not include publication acknowledgments.
3. Submit here.
Questions? Please call 970.491.5449, visit our website, or send an e-mail to:
creviewATcolostateDOTedu (Change AT to @ and DOT to . )