The Compassion Project is a call for images of artworks depicting compassion, be they photographs, or photos of paintings, collages, mixed media, drawings, or sculptures. Poetry, short personal essays and short stories are also welcome. Selections from this collection of work will be displayed in the blog and used in readings and presentations to stir the consciousness of others, to cultivate the seeds of the light in each of us. Should a critical mass of work be achieved, selections will be compiled in an anthology.
All entries should include:
• a word document containing an imbedded image (jpg with maximum size of 2000 x 2000 pixels and minimum of 500 x 500 pixels) of the artwork along with a statement (300 words or less) on why the image included represents compassion or a poem, short essay, or short story on compassion
• name, address and email included in the heading.
• Poetry must be 30 lines or less, single-spaced in 12 point Times New Roman font.
• Prose must be 1500 words or less, double-spaced in 12 point Times New Roman font.
• If an image is accepted for the anthology, the artist must be able to send it with high resolution.
• Images, essays and stories should be sent between December 1, 2013 and May 1, 2014 to Laurette Folk at:
lfolkATnorthshoreDOTedu (Change AT to @ and DOT to .)
all poetry should be sent to Jennifer Jean at:
thisruachATgmailDOTcom (Change AT to @ and DOT to .)
(subject heading should read: "The Compassion Project POETRY submission").
For more information please visit our website.