Short Story Collection Contest
Ends on 9/30/2013
1. Entry fee: $25.
2. Prize: $1500 and publication of the manuscript.
3. Deadline: September 30, 2013.
4. If sending a hard copy, please make check or money order for the
entry fee payable to Georgetown College, and mail the manuscript to:
Georgetown Review Press,
Short Story Collection Contest,
College St., Box 227,
Georgetown, KY 40324
5. If submitting electronically, our online submissions manager is available here.
6. Submissions can include any of the following:
a) An unpublished manuscript of short stories.
b) One or more novellas (a novella may comprise a maximum of 120 double-spaced pages).
c) A combination of one or more novellas and short stories.
d) Novellas are only accepted as part of a larger collection.
7. Manuscripts must be between 150 and 300 typed pages. Manuscript pages must be numbered.
8. Please include a cover letter that includes the manuscript’s title
and the author’s mailing address, email address, and telephone number.
9. Manuscripts may be under consideration elsewhere, but if a
manuscript is accepted for publication, please notify Georgetown Review
10. Writers may submit more than one manuscript at a time as long as
one manuscript or a portion of it does not duplicate material submitted
in another manuscript. The $25 entry fee must be paid for each
11. Prior publication of your manuscript as a whole in any format
makes it ineligible. However, it is fine if individual stories have
been published electronically or in magazines or chapbooks.