2012 RopeWalk Press Editor’s Fiction Chapbook Prize
RopeWalk Press will award a prize of $1000, publication, and 25
complimentary copies for the best fiction chapbook submitted under the
· Postmark deadline: June 15, 2012.
· Page limit: 45 manuscript pages (double-spaced) per each individual
submission. These pages may be comprised of a single short story,
multiple short stories, novellas, or stand-alone novel excerpts.
· Entry fee: $20 ($5 for each additional manuscript submitted at the
same time). This fee is non-refundable. Make check or money order
payable to RopeWalk Press or pay with credit card with online submission.
· Manuscript specifics: Author’s name, address, email, and phone should
appear on the first page of the manuscript; title and page number on all
subsequent pages. If the manuscript includes more than one short story,
include a table of contents. Include an acknowledgments page listing
previous publication of included works, if applicable. Your manuscript
must be available for exclusive book-length publication by RopeWalk
Press. Stories, novellas, or stand-alone excerpts published individually
in journals or magazines may be submitted, but the writer must hold
copyright. Previously self-published chapbooks and translations are not
· All submissions will be considered for publication. All themes and/or
subject matters are eligible. All rights revert to the writer upon
· Simultaneous submissions are acceptable, but if the manuscript is
published/accepted by another press while under consideration, the
author must promptly notify RWP in writing to withdraw the entry.
· All manuscripts will be recycled.
· Include a #10 SASE for announcement of contest results.
· Results will also be posted on the RWP website by September 15, 2012.
Send all entries to:
Nicole Louise Reid, Editor
University of Southern Indiana
8600 University Boulevard
Evansville, IN 47712
If you have questions regarding the RopeWalk Press Editor’s Fiction Chapbook Prize, email:
nreid(at)usi.edu (replace (at) with @)