Sunday, August 19, 2018

Call for Submissions: Chicken Soup for the Soul: Life Lessons from the Dog

Life Lessons from the Dog

Our dog titles are so very popular, and you have so many great stories to share with us, that we do a new dog title every eighteen months or so. Here is another chance for you to share a story or two about that member of your family who just happens to walk on four feet!

We are looking for first-person true stories and poems up to 1200 words. Tell us what your dog taught you. How he made you smile. How she "rescued" you after you "rescued" her. How she brought your family closer together, helped you find love, inspired you to change something in your human life. Stories can be serious or humorous, or both. We can’t wait to read all the heartwarming, inspirational, and hysterical stories you have about your dogs and what you learned from them!

***Please note: If you submitted at story or poem for a previous dog book and we DID NOT publish it, here is your chance to submit it to us again. If you submitted a story and we DID publish it in a previous dog book, please do not submit it. We will not publish it again.

Here are some suggested topics:

• Who rescued who?
• Who trained who?
• Do you sometimes think your dog is human?
• Insights from your dog
• Empathy from your dog
• Compassion from your dog
• How my dog picked me
• My dog can almost talk
• My therapy dog
• My dog makes me laugh
• My dog understands
• How my dog changed my family
• How my dog changed my life
• My dog’s interaction with other animals
• From puppies to senior dogs, milestones, end of life
• Your work at a shelter or rescue organization
• Children and dogs
• Your dog and holidays
• Your dog overcoming hardship, getting lost and coming home, being injured and recovering

The deadline date for story and poem submissions is OCTOBER 31, 2018.

Payment: $200.00

More information here.

Submit your work here.

No comments: