Western Maryland Indie Lit Festival Call for Panels
The Frostburg State University Center for Literary Arts is now accepting proposals for panel sessions to be presented at the 2016 Independent Literature Festival. The Indie Lit Festival is scheduled for October 14 & 15th, 2016, and will take place in scenic Frostburg, Maryland. The Festival brings together Writers, Readers, Editors, publishers, and all other lovers of words. Panels are a great way to introduce a topic of your interest and present it to peers and visitors of the 10th Annual Western Maryland Independent Literature Festival.
Last year was the most successful Indie Lit Festival ever with over 35 presses and approximately 200 visitors. We encourage you to take advantage of this opportunity to make your ideas heard as well as give yourself and others the opportunity to discuss topics of interest to the writing community.
Along with the day-long book fair and readings, panel sessions will be scheduled throughout the day. Panel sessions are 45-minute discussions that focus on a specific topic of interest; past panels have included topics such as Edible Words: On Food & Writing, Music as Muse, and Writing Dialogue.
The deadline for panel proposals is May 15, 2016. Panel proposal submissions should include:
* A Panel Session Leader with a commitment to arrange the specific topic of interest
* 3-4 Panel Session Speakers with a commitment to join in under the specific topic.
* Title for the proposed panel session
* Name, affiliation and email address of the Panel Session Leader
* Short biography of the Panel Leader
* 200-500 word abstract indicating a desired program component and submission track(s)
* Names, affiliations, brief description/short biography of the Panel Speakers Intended to invite
Before submitting a panel proposal, the organizer of a panel is expected to contact all the proposed panel members and get their agreement to serve as a panel member. Each panel typically allows a certain amount of time for each panel member to present their response before an open discussion is opened to the floor.
For more information on the Indie Lit Festival, please visit our website.
Interested participants should submit proposals to:
claATfrostburgDOTedu (Change AT to @ and DOT to .)