TRIO HOUSE PRESS SUBMISSION PERIOD FOR POETRY BOOK AWARDS CLOSES APRIL 30!
Trio House Press gives two awards annually: the Trio Award for First or Second Book for emerging poets, and the Louise Bogan Award for Artistic Merit and Excellence for a book of poems contributing in an innovative and distinct way to American poetry. The Louise Bogan Award for Artistic Merit and Excellence is open to all poets, regardless of publication history.
Each award winner receives $1000 and twenty copies of his or her book. Additionally, each winner must serve as a Collective Member of Trio House Press for twenty-four months after publication in order to assist with the press and bringing more Trio books into print.
Our reading period for both awards ends April 30th. Manuscripts received after this date will not be considered.
Our submissions fee is $25 per manuscript for all award reading periods.
We are an environmentally conscious press and only accept manuscripts through our online submissions manager on our web page.
Chard deNiord, the new Poet Laureate of Vermont, is the 2016 judge for the Louise Bogan Award for Artistic Merit and Excellence and Bhisham Bherwani is the 2016 judge for the Trio Award for First of Second Book of poems. For their bio information and to submit, visit our website.
Guidelines for Trio House Submissions:
- The Trio Award for First or Second Book is only open to poets with less than two books published.
- The Louise Bogan Award for Artistic Merit and Excellence is open to ALL poets, regardless of publication history.
- Manuscripts must be between 48-70 pages of poetry, written in English by a poet residing within the U.S.
- Translations are not eligible for publication.
- Manuscripts must be sent in a single word doc. or docx. file.
- Include a cover letter with your bio as the first page of your file.
- Include an acknowledgement page of individual poems published. The manuscript as a whole must not be previously published.
- Include two cover pages, one with the title of your manuscript and your name and contact information, and one with only the title of your manuscript. Your name or other identifying materials must not appear anywhere else upon your manuscript.
- Payment of $25 is required for all submissions during our award submissions period.
- Multiple award submissions are accepted as long as a $25 fee accompanies each award submission.
- Simultaneous submissions are accepted as long as we are notified immediately if your manuscript is chosen elsewhere.
- Relatives and current or former students of the judge are not eligible for awards or publication during our contest submissions period.
- No edits can be made to manuscripts after you submit your manuscript. However, if chosen for award or publication, edits can be made prior to final proofs.
- All award winners and poets published must serve as a Collective Member of Trio House Press for twenty-four months after publication. They must assist with the press and bringing more Trio books into print. They must work on the Production and Design Committee, the Distribution and Sales Committee, the Educational Development Committee, or the Fundraising and Marketing Committee.
For more information about our press visit our website.