CALL FOR JOURNAL SUBMISSIONS
Reverie: Midwest African American Literature
Submission Deadline: August 1, 2012
Aquarius Press is accepting submissions until August 1 for the 2012
annual fall issue of Reverie. There will be no particular theme for this
issue, but a special section will be dedicated to the works of Aquarius
Press Legacy Award winners Samiya Bashir and Parneshia Jones.
Reverie is a literary journal devoted to featuring the best in
literature by African Americans with “ties” to the American Midwest.
Reverie appears in digital and print editions. We accept poetry,
fiction, creative nonfiction, critical essays and book reviews.
Contributors selected for inclusion will receive one contributor’s copy
and a feature on our website. Simultaneous submissions accepted with
credits. If selected, contributors will be asked for a brief bio.
Artists are encouraged to submit artwork for the cover—if the artwork is
selected, payment will be two copies.
Writer’s Guidelines for Reverie (email submissions only)
1) Include a 50-word bio that includes info on contributor’s Midwestern
connection. Type mailing address and email at top of manuscript and save
the entire submission in Microsoft Word or Rich-text format (rtf) as an
attachment. Use “Reverie” for the email subject line.
2) Text should be Times New Roman or Calibri 11 pt. font. Word count
should not exceed 50 lines (poetry) and/or 3,000 words (prose). No page
numbering/footers, no borders. Once accepted for publication, no changes
to the manuscript will be allowed except for typographical errors;
contributors will get one online proof before publication.
3) Tabs/indents at .3” and single space after punctuation; poems should be no wider than 4.5”.
4) Submit no more than three poems. No urban crime fiction or erotica. Critical essays should be in MLA or Chicago style.
5) Publisher reserves the right to make light edits as necessary and reserves the right to reject submissions.
reverie.journal(at)gmail.com (replace (at) with @ in sending email)
and Reverie only accepts submissions by email.
For more info, visit our website.