The Normal Prize in Fiction, Nonfiction and Poetry
Fiction: Susan Straight | Nonﬁction: Eula Biss | Poetry: Nick Flynn
Normal Prize IN FICTION, NONFICTION AND POETRY GUIDELINES
1. All ﬁction and nonﬁction submissions must be 10,087 words or less, double-spaced, 12 pt. font. Poetry submissions should not exceed ﬁve pages or ﬁve poems total. Please submit all poems in a single document.
2. All submissions will be read blind. Author's name must not appear on the manuscript.
3. There is a $20 fee per submission. When you click "Pay and Submit" you will be automatically
redirected to our billing page, after which you will immediately be able to submit your document.
4. All submissions must be previously unpublished (print or electronic media).
5. Please, no previously published works or works accepted for publication elsewhere. Simultaneous submissions are okay as long as you notify editors should your piece be accepted elsewhere. Multiple submissions are also permitted, but each submission must be accompanied by the $20 fee.
6. Submissions for the second annual contest are accepted online between January 1 and March 4, 2011. Please visit our submission manager to enter.
Questions? Visit us at thenormalschool.com
Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Winners will be announced before the Fall 2011 issue via email.
All entrants will receive a complimentary issue of The Normal School.
All entries will be considered for publication.
$1,000 and publication for winner in each genre