Online survival focused journal The Survivor Chronicles just got its own website and is inviting submissions in the visual art and written work categories.
The Survivor Chronicles is a small independent publication dedicated to trauma release, healing and survival.
We want to hear from you:
* If you have survived a major trauma, or are in the process of surviving it.
* If someone close to you has survived a major trauma or is in the process of surviving it.
* If you are a social worker or health worker or any other professional and have seen trauma at close range.
* If you are a writer or artist who deeply empathizes with the human condition and can portray trauma and its process and/or effects honestly and sensitively.
* If you are a photographer who has documented trauma and its survival.
Here are some general submission guidelines:
We prefer shorter pieces to longer ones, owing to the attention spanof the average internet reader.
We love poetry, well crafted short fiction, and arealso interested in analytical opinion pieces (non fiction) and musingsabout trauma survival.
In the body of an email, paste 1-5 poems, or short fiction/non fiction within 1500 words.
Artists and photographers can send 1-5 pieces for consideration; email as separate attachments.
We reserve the one time right to publish your work and archive it on our website forever. Publications are online and on a rolling basis.
However, all rights revert to the author once we publish the work. Currently, we are not interested in previously published work.
If it is important for you to remain anonymous, please feel free to use a pseudonym. Otherwise, please send a short bio.
If at any point after you have sent us a submission but before publication, you feel the need to use a pseudonym please contact us at once. We are very protective of your identity and will not post your name if you feel uncomfortable about it.
Where to send your submissions:
In the subject line of your email, write your Name, Type of Submission, Submission and send it to:
thesurvivorchronicles(at)gmail.com (replace (at) with @ in sending e-mail)