Mary C. Mohr Fiction Award for 2015
Southern Indiana Review will award a prize of $2000 for short story, novella, or stand-alone novel excerpt submitted under the following guidelines. ZZ Packer will judge.
Each submission must:
• Be available for exclusive publication in Vol. 23, No. 1 of SIR. Simultaneous submissions are acceptable, but if the entry is published/accepted by another publication while under consideration, the author must promptly notify SIR in writing to withdraw the entry.
• Include an entry fee of $20 ($5 for each additional entry submitted). This non-refundable fee includes a year's subscription to SIR. Make check or money order payable to Southern Indiana Review.
· List the author’s name, street address, email address (if applicable), phone number, and title of submission on a cover page.
· List only the title of submission on each page thereafter.
• Be fewer than 40 typed pages (12-point font) per each individual submission.
• Be addressed to:
Southern Indiana Review, Mary C. Mohr Award
University of Southern Indiana
8600 University Boulevard
Evansville, IN, 47712
• Be postmarked or electronically uploaded by October 1, 2015. Digital entries can be uploaded here.
• Include SAS postcard for receipt acknowledgement and/or SASE for contest results. All manuscripts will be recycled. Results will be posted on the SIR web site.
• Current and former students of ZZ Packer (excluding conference/short-term workshops) are not eligible for the Award.
· Current and former students and employees of the University of Southern Indiana are not eligible for the Award.
All contest submissions will be considered for publication. All themes and/or subject matters are eligible. Handwritten submissions will not be accepted. All rights revert to the writer upon publication.