Arc-24, the literary journal of The Israel Association of Writers in English (IAWE) is open for submission to writing within the theme: Israel.
In 1980 the first editor of our journal, the poet Riva Rubin, named the journal “arc.” Like the deep blue sky arced over the land of Israel, open and encompassing all who live there regardless of religion, politics, gender or age, like the arc of a bridge linking Israel to the English speaking world, arc has been a home to the writers in English who live in Israel.
For arc-24, that policy is changing. We are now open to writers from all over the world, regardless of who you are or where you live so long as the writer has a connection to Israel. The theme of the journal, arc-24 is “Israel.” Entries should fit the topic of Israel, focusing on writing inspired or informed by your personal experiences, observations, and/or cultural and historical events that cover any of the ways Israel has affected you. In your cover letter, please let us know about your connection to Israel.
We welcome submissions of original, unpublished works of poetry, fiction (either short stories or stand alone sections of a longer work), flash fiction, and creative nonfiction to be considered for publication. Surprise us; inspire us. We would especially like to see more short fiction for the journal.
Any work submitted, even if critical of Israel or her policies, should be written in a thoughtful manner. Any pieces submitted which contain hatred or violence will be discarded immediately.
The close date for submissions is January 30, 2015.
· We accept only these file formats for writing: doc, docx, rtf, txt and pdf.
· All submissions should be in font Times New Roman and 11 point.
· All submissions must be made via Submittable, no exceptions.
· We do accept simultaneous submissions. However, kindly drop us a message if your work is accepted elsewhere.
· We seek previously unpublished (including online) work only.
· For poetry, send a selection of 3-5 poems contained within a single document. For fiction and essays please keep to a maximum limit of 6 pages, no more than 1200 words.
· All submission must be received on or before January 30, 2015.
· Payment for publication is one copy of the journal.