Colorado Review is now accepting submissions for the 2013 Nelligan Prize for Short Fiction; the postmark deadline is Saturday March 14, 2013. This year's final judge is Jim Shepard. The prize is given annually for the best short story.
1. $2,000 will be awarded for the best short story, which will be published in the fall/winter 2013 issue of Colorado Review.
2. This year's final judge is Jim Shepard; friends and students (current & former) of the judge are not eligible to compete, nor are Colorado State University employees, students, or alumni.
3. Entry fee is $15 per story ($17 to submit online); there is no limit on the number of entries you may submit.
4. Stories must be previously unpublished.
5. There are no theme restrictions, but stories must be under 50 pages.
6. Deadline is the postmark of March 14, 2013.
7. Winner will be announced by July 2013.
8. All submissions will be considered for publication.
To submit online:
For an additional $2, you may submit online. The $2 goes entirely to Submittable: 79 cents is a credit card fee, and the remaining $1.11 goes to the good people at Submittable who created and maintain the software.
Submit online here.
To submit via regular mail:
1. Include two title sheets: on the first, print your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and the story title; on the second, print only the story title. Your name should not appear anywhere else on the manuscript.
2. Enclose a check for $15 for each story. Checks should be made out to Colorado Review.
3. You may submit multiple stories in the same envelope, and a single check can be made out for the total.
4. Provide SASE for contest results.
5. Manuscripts will not be returned. Please do not enclose extra postage for return of manuscript.
6. Entries must be clearly addressed to:
Nelligan Prize – Colorado Review
9105 Campus Delivery
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523-9105
Questions? creview(at)colostate.edu or 970-491-5449.