2012 Colorado Prize for Poetry : $2,000 Honorarium & Book Publication
Manuscripts accepted now through the postmark deadline of January 14, 2012.
The final judge is Elizabeth Willis. Friends & students (current & former) of the judge are not eligible to compete, nor are Colorado State University employees, students, or alumni.
The winning book-length collection of poems will be published by the Center for Literary Publishing in the fall of 2012.
The $25 entry fee includes a one-year subscription to Colorado Review (to US addresses only).
Manuscripts may consist of poems that have been previously published, but the collection as a whole must be unpublished.
Manuscripts must be at least 48 pages but no longer than 100 pages.
The winner will be announced by May 2012.
The Colorado Prize for Poetry adheres to the Contest Code of Ethics, as adopted by the Council of Literary Magazines and Presses.
To submit by mail:
1. Include two title pages: first with manuscript title, your name, address, phone number, & e-mail address; second with manuscript title only. Your name should not appear anywhere else in the manuscript.
2. Do not send originals: manuscripts will not be returned.
3. Please enclose an SASE for contest results & a self-addressed stamped postcard for notification of the manuscript’s safe arrival.
4. Please make checks payable to Colorado Review.
To submit online:
1. Please note that there is an additional $3 charge to submit online. Of this, $1.11 is a credit card fee, and $1.89 goes to the tireless, good people at Submishmash who designed the program, gave it to us for free, and provide support for it seemingly 24/7.
2. The manuscript title, your name, address, phone number, and e-mail address should be in your cover letter, separate from your manuscript. Be sure your name is not anywhere in the manuscript itself.
3. Submit online here.
Questions? Please call 970.491.5449, visit our website, or send an e-mail to:
creview(at)colostate.edu (replace (at) with @ in sending e-mail)