The Beyond Words blog is offering a Twitter Pitch Contest, a chance to pitch your book to Michael Carr of the Veritas Literary Agency. Pitches will be accepted until March 7, 2011 or until the first 75 have been posted. Good luck. You must post the pitch at the blog.
Here are the rules:
1) The contest is now live!
2) It will be capped at the first 75 entries or, if we don't get 75 entries, it'll cut off at Midnight GMT on the 7th March.
3) You have to be a follower of my blog to enter.
4) You have to blog about this contest and post your link along with the twitter pitch. (If you don't have a blog, then Twitter or Facebook will do. But only if you don't have a blog - not instead).
5) Alongside your 140 twitter pitch (you'll be disqualified if it's longer) you'll be asked to submit the first three sentences of your manuscript - so make sure they're polished and ready to go!
6) Once the contest opens, it'll be first come first serve to enter. Anything after 75 entries won't be counted.
Remember, Michael Carr is looking for any age any genre. And works should be completed if he was to request the full manuscript, but you may take the risk without a finished manuscript if you choose.
Good luck! And don't forget to include a link to your blog post/twitter/facebook with your entry. Please use the format as below:
Genre & Age:
Link to blog/twitter/facebook post: