BELLDAY POETRY PRIZE
$2,000 PRIZE TO WINNING POET
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: March 15, 2011
CONTEST FINAL JUDGE: ELAINE EQUI
Elaine Equi has published 11 books of poetry including her most recent work Ripple Effect: New and Selected poems (2007) and Voice-Over (1999( which won the San Francisco State Poetry Award. Her work is widely anthologized and appears in Postmodern American Poetry: a Norton Anthology and in The Best American Poetry (1989, 1995, 2002). She lives in New York with her husband and teaches creative writing in the Master of Fine Arts programs at City College of New York and The New School.
- Submit manuscript of 60-90 pages of original poetry in English. The manuscript must not have been published in book or chapbook, but may contain poems that have appeared in print or on the Internet.
- Manuscript must contain 2 title pages: Name and contact information should appear on first title page only. Name should not appear anywhere else in manuscript. Manuscript should be typed, single-spaced, paginated, and bound with spring clip.
- Include a table of contents page, but no acknowledgments.
- Enclose SASE for announcement of the winner.
- Manuscripts cannot be returned. Complete rules.
- Check or money order for $25 reading fee, payable to Bellday Books.
- Bellday Books reserves the right not to select an award winner, in which case all fees will be refunded.
Contest mailing address:
Bellday Books, Inc.
P.O. Box 3687
Pittsburgh, PA 15230
Questions may be directed to office(at)belldaybooks.com (replace (at) with @)