Thursday, January 15, 2009

Writer's Residency: Writers in The Heartland

Writers in The Heartland

Writers in The Heartland is now taking applications for its inaugural season. Writers in the Heartland is a writing colony for creative writers in all genres. The colony is located in Gilman, Illinois, approximately 2 hours south of Chicago. It is located on a beautiful 30-acre wooded site with lakes and walking paths. A limited number of one-week residencies are available for September 18-25 and October 3-10. Lodging and food are included.

Applications must be received by April 15, 2009, to be considered. Decisions will be announced by July 1st. For further information about applying to Writers in the Heartland, see our Website.



or contact us at writersintheheartland(at)gmail.com (replace (at) with @)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I applied to the Heartland residency in April. I had several questions, which were emailed to the sponsors, Patricia and Charlotte. My questions were never dignified with an answer. I won't be reapplying to this residency in the future, nor will my writer colleagues. I have my doubts as to whether it's a legitimate writing residency.

Michelle Harmon

Jeanne Lyet Gassman said...

Michelle,

I will send an email to them to see if I can find out more information. I receive announcements from various legitimate sources and trust that these announcements are vetted, but sometimes, a clunker slips through.

My apologies if they are a scam. If I don't hear back from them, I will remove this post.