Saturday, July 25, 2026

Call for Submissions: Little Engines

Recent cover image or website screenshot for Little Engines 

Little Engines started in 2001, publishing four perfect-bound print issues. Each included a carefree mix of fiction, comics, interviews, photos, essays, and more. The Stranger called Little Engines “remarkably satisfying” and Philadelphia Weekly said the magazine was “such a wonderful creation.”

People liked the magazine, and I loved putting it together, but while digging into what should have been Issue Five, my day job in music became all consuming. I set the magazine aside, temporarily. Seventeen years later, a few months into Covid with live music shut down, I started working on a re-launch.

SUBMISSIONS

Open July 13 - August 9.

Stories, essays, interviews, reviews: send one, any word count will do

Poems, comics: include one to five

Books: include one chapter of your novel, memoir, or collection, along with a short description

We are a paying market.

Send work to:

avery@littleengines.pub

No comments: