Sunday, August 10, 2008

Mini-NaNoWriMo Update

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I made a commitment with several of my fellow writers to meet a minimum word count goal for the week of Aug. 1-8. All of us are facing deadlines and viewed this as a means to motivate us to get the work done.

So, how did I do?

The weekly goal was 5600 words, or 800 words a day.

My final count for the week? 5720 words.

I learned a few things from this effort:
1. I can write more if I relax about the editing during that first draft.
2. I can write under tremendous pressure and confusion. During this same week, our dog had surgery, requiring a lot of TLC.
3. I sometimes write better when I plan less, letting the story dictate to me.

It has been a good week. I'm pleased.

Now, I'm off to produce the next 5600 words and a new chapter or two of my novel.

Happy Writing! May all of you reach your goals this week, too.

No comments: